PRE-PRODUCTION
Our pre-production was split out in our group. I had the job of equipment checklist and regular minuted meetings.
I started working on these straight away. I wrote down all of the meetings the group had and wrote down the decision making. I worked out all of the equipment we needed and I wrote down everything that we use in the TV studio. Some people out of the group had to be pushed to make them get on with their roles, but they did do it in the end with a lot of pushing.
I feel like I did well writing down the minuted meetings and the check list was easy but I feel like I should have took on more roles in the pre-production. Then I would have felt like I had done more work and that I would have put more effort into the group.
I liked the final logo our group came up with. We went through a few logos and finally, it looked really original.
I started working on these straight away. I wrote down all of the meetings the group had and wrote down the decision making. I worked out all of the equipment we needed and I wrote down everything that we use in the TV studio. Some people out of the group had to be pushed to make them get on with their roles, but they did do it in the end with a lot of pushing.
I feel like I did well writing down the minuted meetings and the check list was easy but I feel like I should have took on more roles in the pre-production. Then I would have felt like I had done more work and that I would have put more effort into the group.
I liked the final logo our group came up with. We went through a few logos and finally, it looked really original.
I also like the song we have chosen for the opening. 'In it to win it'. It's a really good song because our game show is called In it to win it and so the name of the song goes with the name of the show.
I think our group chose a good show to record, a game show. We planned it and thought about it but I think our group overall was not very productive. Every time we had a practice run, it did not go very well and we had to go back and re-plan it again. The students turned up late a lot and I really think they should have been more reliable. I think everyone should have put more effort into this unit because I seemed like no one wanted to pass. I always tried my best to come in and be one time but I think there was a few times I wasn't on time and I should have tried harder to be in on time. I always tried to have a happy attitude while on set because the actors and other students were always talking and I couldn't help myself by shouting at everyone. I should have been more calm and tried to be patient with everyone.
If we had to do it again, I would choose better people to work with because they might care more about their grades and not mess about while trying to record and they would be turning up on time to class.
Eventually, the game show came together and it seemed like a real game show. This took a lot of practice and patients. The actors finally acted as if it was real and the show ran smoothly but it only had a few faults sometimes.
I really enjoyed recording this game show, being the floor manager was a great role. I learnt a lot about being the floor manager, they control the scene, tell the actors information if needed and they can tell the actors what to do. I love how a floor manager can talk to the people in the control room. At first I struggled being the floor manger and I had trouble keeping everyone quiet but in the end I was able to take control of the actors and people in the studio.
Next time, I would really love to be the sound person or a camera person. It looked really fun controlling the sound and I enjoy being behind a camera, as I've tried it before.
Next time, I would really love to be the sound person or a camera person. It looked really fun controlling the sound and I enjoy being behind a camera, as I've tried it before.
Overall, I really learnt a lot about the different roles of a studio and I have gained a lot of experience. I had a lot of fun in the studio and I would love to start filming from the start again to make it a better and smoother run through, also with better planning.
No comments:
Post a Comment